Call for Musicians
- January 15: applications due
- January 20: acceptances sent
- April 1: scores and parts submitted
- April 21: first day of rehearsals
- April 22: rehearsal and ending performance
- 2 recent scores with 2 corresponding links(please do not submit audio or video files) to recordings/video
- short paragraph about why you want to participate in the workshop
- 2 links to recordings or videos of performances that demonstrate your skill and experience with new music. One piece from a living composer and one solo piece are preferred but not a requirement.
About Aperture Duo
Aperture Duo curates fearless programs that explore new sounds, voices, and techniques through the lens of violin and viola chamber music. Founded in 2015 by violinist Adrianne Pope and violist Linnea Powell, Aperture Duo has become a mainstay of the Los Angeles new music scene. Equally at home interpreting old and new music, Aperture Duo has commissioned over thirteen new works as part of a repertoire that spans W.A. Mozart to Salvatore Sciarrino. Aperture Duo’s performance credits include the main stage at the Carlsbad Music Festival, Music at Boston Court, Tuesdays @ Monk Space, Clockshop’s Hear Sundays, L.A. Signal Lab, Synchromy, LA Downtown Art Walk, Brooklyn's Home Audio Concert Series, UC Santa Barbara Summer Music Festival, Craft in America Center’s Window Concert Series, and the Eureka! Musical Minds of California Graduate Student Conference. Aperture Duo has designed educational outreach concerts for wild Up and the Los Angeles Chamber Orchestra. This season, Aperture Duo will be in residence at Avaloch Farm Music Institute and California Institute of the Arts.